HELP! Unknown Hitchhiker?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Msioni
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Msioni

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a 75g setup with a 20g refuge. Yesterday morning one of my emerald crabs was dead and in several pieces. I didnt think much of it... this morning I woke up to one of my new coral frags with some chunks taken out of it and a big mound of sand upturned. It is from the bottom of the substrate because it is mostly black and the top layer is a mix of black and white. Pictures:


IMAG0730.jpg


IMAG0727.jpg


Here is what I have:

Royal Gramma
Percula Clownfish
A Very Large Serpent Starfish
Pink Spotted Shrimp Goby
Emerald Crab
Herbit Crabs (most are fairly small)
Brittle Star
Coral Banded Shrimp
Cleaner Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp

Anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate it. Thank you.
 
Here any clicks or pops in your tank?

You have signs of a mantis shrimp.
 
Last edited:
Hello, I have a 75g setup with a 20g refuge. Yesterday morning one of my emerald crabs was dead and in several pieces. I didnt think much of it... this morning I woke up to one of my new coral frags with some chunks taken out of it and a big mound of sand upturned. It is from the bottom of the substrate because it is mostly black and the top layer is a mix of black and white. Pictures:


IMAG0730.jpg

IMAG0727.jpg

Here is what I have:

Royal Gramma
Percula Clownfish
A Very Large Serpent Starfish
Pink Spotted Shrimp Goby
Emerald Crab
Herbit Crabs (most are fairly small)
Brittle Star
Coral Banded Shrimp
Cleaner Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp

Anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate it. Thank you.

No, and I dont think it is a Mantis, though I cannot be sure.
 
Thanks for that, I will set up a trap tonight and see what happens. Any idea if that coral is going to be ok?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new