Help Us Congratulate @Paul B for being EXCELLENT!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG, an Excellence award. I am beside myself. A few minutes ago I was about a foot to the left, now I am over here. Does this come with a New Car? Trip to Bora Bora, a package of "Twinkies"? ;Joyful

If I had hair it would be standing up. I am all tingly.
Thanks guys (and girls, I am not sure if it is politically correct to call you girls but if not, just put in whatever is PC) but are you sure you didn't make a mistake. After all if we all followed my methods 87% of the fish we keep would climb out of their tank and head for the sea, or at least an estuary. Maybe take an UBER.

I love all you people even if you all are "Noobs" to me. ;Smuggrin

Sometimes my thoughts move faster than my mouth and I say something that doesn't come out exactly how it was supposed to. But I am old and it may get worse as I learned from hearing even older people. ;Wideyed (My wife yells at me all the time for that.)

Remember I was born a year after they invented TV. (That's like your I Phone, but bigger and you have to plug it in with a plug that doesn't look like a USB wire. ) They used to be made out of wood which is the same thing we make trees out of. Those are the big green things that are outside which is on the other side of a front door. That's the thing with a knob that you never turn to go outside because it's dangerous and there's nothing to do there. ;Wideyed

Many of you have tanks that I am jealous of but my "big head" won't let me mention it too often. ;)
Some of the corals on here would make Lady GaGa jealous and she may want to wear a coral dress. Lets hope not, unless she was in a fully cycled tank ( not with a live shrimp) with full spectrum lighting and great parameters. But that may make her singing voice suffer. :p

If I knew in 2011 that I was going to get an Excellence Award I would have been nicer, maybe typed with a British accent or Spanish like Ricardo Montalban.

Thanks Immensely guys.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only one question here...

WHAT TOOK R2R SO LONG![emoji848]
Congratulations Paul if anybody deserved this award it is me.....ermmm I mean you ....That's if your really Paul B and not an imposter who QTs all his fish and the ones that get through that die soon after anyway [emoji6]
Your a star a kind of cross between Bob Hope and No Hope and you tell it as you see it and shoot from the hip. Talking of which hows the knee?
Here's to your next reward and I hope they give you something better than a bottle of copper medication mate. [emoji846]

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WHAT TOOK R2R SO LONG!
emoji848.png

Atoll, I don't exactly fit into the mold of the average aquarist. ;Woot

I am old, argumentative, set in my ways, hard headed, senile, bald, weird and I have PTSD maybe with a little ADHD.
My methods are from Noah's time and the hobby hasn't yet caught up as most people are still doing main stream stuff, but I fell outside the box when they invented the box. It was wood then. Termite infested wood with knots in it.

I mean, I sometimes feed my fish Plaster of Paris or frozen bananas. I used to cure ich with pennies and run electricity through my water. I put beer cans, chicken eggs and bicycle chains in my tank. :p
I don't care if I drop a screw or the right front fender from a 1957 Oldsmobile in there.
NSW with bacteria, red tide or parasites is fine. :rolleyes:

I can't tell many people of these things or I won't get things such as an Excellence award. Instead I would be Exiled to Tunisia to live the rest of my life in the back of a truck that was used to carry eggplants.

Most people frown on my methods for some reason.
But tell the truth, my Mandarin feeder is really cool isn't it? :p

I still have a bottle of copper from I think the 70s. It is half full and was made in Brooklyn. I keep it for nostalgia because I know I will never need it . ;Wideyed
I may drink it myself with a little tomato juice. ;Yuck

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to use it on something but I never have the opportunity. It's copper and formalin.
I think it was made out of melted pennies. ;Smuggrin

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Paul! We may not agree on everything but you are certainly excellent, friend! God bless

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back