Help! Ventralis Anthias has scale damage

ianryd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2018
Messages
427
Reaction score
258
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this ventralis anthias from my LFS yesterday. It's been there for over two months, eating like a pig, with no signs of diseases. I skipped QT and put it in an acclimation box in my DT. Today I noticed a diagonal white stripe on each side of its body, of what seems to be damaged scales. It's hard to tell since the scales are so small, but they do seem to be lifting a little. The markings are almost symmetrical. It is eating just fine. No other fish show any similar signs. What could this be? I have a QT set up if I need to remove the fish.

20191007_173825.jpg 20191007_173922.jpg
 
I was just thinking, at the LFS he was hiding in a tight space in a rock. Maybe he got scratched on both sides as he was coming out. Would it be normal for the scratches to take a day to show up?
 
Bump, it it worse this morning. the scales are definitely lifting, and the area is spreading wider. Does anybody have ANY ideas?
20191008_103725.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new