Help! What is happening to my ACAN!¿

ParaFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently woke up today and found my acan looking like this. Parameters are as followed. Alk- 8.28. Calcium 430. Mag 1330. I do feed with coral nutrion red sea every night. Should I be worried?

20240322_090821.jpg

Manpeckz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t worry right away. Just check it later today and see if it takes a normal shape again. I have one that likes to deform overnight into morning and then take proper shape by the afternoon.

OP
OP
P

ParaFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t worry right away. Just check it later today and see if it takes a normal shape again. I have one that likes to deform overnight into morning and then take proper shape by the afternoon.
I woke up this afternoon for my shift and he was normal! Lol just really new to the hobby! Was worried.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up this afternoon for my shift and he was normal! Lol just really new to the hobby! Was worried.
Its understandable. Its a great hobby but there is a lot to learn and even then you'll still see things that you don't know about. You should look up pics of acanthophillia while feeding looks like its exploded. It can be worrying when you dont know and see it for the first time. You did the right thing posting a pic of it and not freaking out and making a rash decision.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back