Help! What turkey baster brand do you use??

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked the Julian's Thing when I was spot feeding but havent done so in about two years now.

OP
OP
KirstenB

KirstenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all so much for your time, links and replies. I really appreciate it. I am going to def practice with just water like Xam had mentioned. Try taping up the long crappy one I got. And if I just can't get it to work will purchase one from the links you guys shared. I'd like to NOT have to purchase anything because good lord this hobby is expensive lol. And I don't have a fancy setup. Would love to! But for now trying to get keep what I have alive and work with what I have. Ty again everyone! Loving this forum!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use a 60 or 100 cc syringe connected to a cheap plastic rod by a piece of air tubing. Its much more powerful than a turkey baster - can be used for target feeding - and you dont need to get yoru hands in the water.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use a 60 or 100 cc syringe connected to a cheap plastic rod by a piece of air tubing. Its much more powerful than a turkey baster - can be used for target feeding - and you dont need to get yoru hands in the water.

You can get the rod for about 2 dollars and a small piece of air tubing - all you need is the type of syringe that has a smooth 'connector' not the lear-lock type.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ectoaesthetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only and I do mean only use the OXO turkey baster! All the rest of them fall apart in very little time. Julien Sprungs "thing" is also a great tool according to some and a piece of junk according to others... I think it may come down to what people's expectations for the product. Most of my friends love it; I personally have never used it. I cannot tell you how many turkey basters I have owned over the years and OXO has been the only one that I have had rave reviews over. They are sold at Target and probably Bed Bath and Beyond as well (they sell a lot of OXO products).

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back