HELP whats on my clownfish

NANO NEMS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whata these dots in my Clown recently added a RBTA and she's going near it and around it alot since then these appeared on her

20231020_161911.jpg 20231020_161921.jpg 20231020_161918.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whata these dots in my Clown recently added a RBTA and she's going near it and around it alot since then these appeared on her

Generally, when clownfish have a reaction to stinging anemones or corals, it leaves black marks.
The pictures are a bit out of focus, but if there also spots on the fins, not just the body, this could be marine ich.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Im seeing the black spots but also appears to ne ich. Please repost a couple of pics under white intensity only and assure glass surface is clean for pics.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Generally, when clownfish have a reaction to stinging anemones or corals, it leaves black marks.
The pictures are a bit out of focus, but if there also spots on the fins, not just the body, this could be marine ich.

Jay
May see ich. See if this expanded pic helps

1697845590761.png

OP
OP
NANO NEMS

NANO NEMS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
Got ich x saltwater and some garlic to ad to mysis hope it goes well thank you.

OP
OP
NANO NEMS

NANO NEMS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
Got ich x saltwater and some garlic to ad to mysis hope it goes well
That is not the way to treat ich...
Please elaborate then turn temp up feed heavy garlic and meds what else I don't have a quarantine and only 3 fish in my nano a yasha goby 2 clowns and a pistol shrimp.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got ich x saltwater and some garlic to ad to mysis hope it goes well

Please elaborate then turn temp up feed heavy garlic and meds what else I don't have a quarantine and only 3 fish in my nano a yasha goby 2 clowns and a pistol shrimp.

Are there ANY spots on the other clownfish?
Ich is very contagious, so unless both fish show spots, it may not be ich.....

Turning the temperature up does not work for saltwater ich, it actually makes it worse. It does work on freshwater ich, but that is a different species.

Garlic has some limited benefit in controlling internal parasites, but also doesn't work for external parasites like this.

Ich X saltwater is a low dose formalin product. It works for Brooklynella, but not so much on marine ich.

Jay

OP
OP
NANO NEMS

NANO NEMS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there ANY spots on the other clownfish?
Ich is very contagious, so unless both fish show spots, it may not be ich.....

Turning the temperature up does not work for saltwater ich, it actually makes it worse. It does work on freshwater ich, but that is a different species.

Garlic has some limited benefit in controlling internal parasites, but also doesn't work for external parasites like this.

Ich X saltwater is a low dose formalin product. It works for Brooklynella, but not so much on marine ich.

Jay
thanks Jay i did order some ich X and garlic should be here Monday other clownfish is perfect and my yasha goby is as well everyone eating and swimming around params in check as well would you recommend starting with garlic and then wait to see before dosing ich or just go for it?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Jay i did order some ich X and garlic should be here Monday other clownfish is perfect and my yasha goby is as well everyone eating and swimming around params in check as well would you recommend starting with garlic and then wait to see before dosing ich or just go for it?
You need to set up a QT tank to treat all fish and leave your primary tank fallow for 45 to 76 days depending on the final diagnosis. If that clown gets more cloudy appearance on the top half it is most likely brook and not ich.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back