HELP ! What's wrong with my Clownfish ?

Mine was more of a question

Formalin is usually saved for a last resort since it's so harsh and also a carcinogen. It's also best used for external parasites that are not responding to more mainstream treatments. Just to address the question :)
 
Is Formalin sold as a stand alone product or is it something that is an ingredient in another product ? I ask this because when I went to the LFS yesterday, they told me they had never heard of "just Formalin" being sold by itself, but that they had some Ick medicine that contained Formalin.
Just want to make sure that I am looking for and buying the right stuff. Thanks.
@melypr1985 @Humblefish
 
Is Formalin sold as a stand alone product or is it something that is an ingredient in another product ?

Both. Formalin-MS contains 37% Formaldehyde which is proper formalin. However, Quick Cure also contains 37% Formaldehyde with Malachite Green (healing agent) added in.

Aquarium Solutions Ich-X and Kordon Rid-Ich Plus also both contain formalin, but I am unsure what % of Formaldehyde. o_O
 
I would treat for something bacterial: Combine Kanaplex + Metroplex in a QT.

Went to all 3 of the LFS in my area today, and none of them had Kanaplex or Formalin. Can you suggest a good online retailer to get these meds from ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new