Help with a Acro ID

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is a good enough picture, my phone struggles with the blues. It is taken under approx 14k light.
Bought this about 3.5 months ago and looked to be DOA when I got it (second pic) but kept it in the tank to be sure. The tips are a little bluer and the polyps a bit more of a light tangerine color. It is still coloring up, just how far it's come in the time I've had it.

Color as of a wek ago

7C7SvpQB_o.jpg

And how it arrived 3.5 months ago.

aZ9AUJO2_o.jpg

Juano908

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is a good enough picture, my phone struggles with the blues. It is taken under approx 14k light.
Bought this about 3.5 months ago and looked to be DOA when I got it (second pic) but kept it in the tank to be sure. The tips are a little bluer and the polyps a bit more of a light tangerine color. It is still coloring up, just how far it's come in the time I've had it.

Color as of a wek ago

7C7SvpQB_o.jpg

And how it arrived 3.5 months ago.

aZ9AUJO2_o.jpg

It has come back really nice, I’m not an expert but it looks to me as Joe The Coral Acro.

OP
OP
Finhead

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has come back really nice, I’m not an expert but it looks to me as Joe The Coral Acro.

Joe The Coral Acro seems to have very dark green polyps, where this one is more of a oragne/yellow polyp. Like I say my phone Camara doesn't show the colors completely true and I don;t use any color correcting software so that's as good as I can get. lol

OP
OP
Finhead

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks exactly like my Joe the Coral.

Does your have the orange ish polyps? I only ask as all the images that come up on a google search are green polyps. Be nice to put a name on it. :)

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your have the orange ish polyps? I only ask as all the images that come up on a google search are green polyps. Be nice to put a name on it. :)
They're definitely not dark green. Orange/yellow/green-ish. Is that a color? Lol.

OP
OP
Finhead

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're definitely not dark green. Orange/yellow/green-ish. Is that a color? Lol.

No green at all Orange/yellow right now with brighter blue tips with a bright yellow ring around the polyp <- can't remember what that is called. lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back