Help with a skimmer line

russell.dexter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently acquired a used Reef Octopus Classic 110 INT skimmer from an online vendor that came with the skimmer lid shown in the photo. I have been battling low tank PH and want to either run a line from the skimmer to the outside OR use a CO2 Scrubber in an attempt to get a ph bump. (Drops to about 7.6 at night confirmed with multiple tests) My skimmer newbie question is- are the lines that are shown in the photo designed to be hooked up to the scrubber? Is one of them an intake and the other a return?

Any advice / tips / explanation you can offer would be really appreciated!

classic-int.jpg

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't own this particular skimmer, but typically the air intake/CO2 scrubber inlet would go directly to the pump, not the cup lid. My first though is those tubes are drains/overflow drains, but being on the lid seems odd I would expect them to be on the side of the cup. . .

If I am not mistaken the scrubber should attach here:

1716519826603.png

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like the lid you have is some kind of modification (at least that is the best I can tell from googling it). My guess is one of the tubes is for hooking up a "looped" CO2 scrubber (as far as I know attaching the tube to the skimmer cup is not inherently necessary, but allows you to recycle the already scrubbed air as opposed to atmospheric air). And the other tube is a drain?

Back