Help with adding new tank buddy!

SexyKillerWhale

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. 2 month 40g aquatop cube here. I have the following in the tank so far with all good parameters on testing:

- 2 Black ice clownfish
- 1 Diamond spotted gobie
- 1 Banggai cardinal
- 1 6 line wrasse
- 3 Peppermint shrimp
- 12 snails
- 4 softie corals

My question is when would be an appropriate time to add an anemone to the tank? Additionally, what other fish would work well with these guys?

Thanks in advance!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. 2 month 40g aquatop cube here. I have the following in the tank so far with all good parameters on testing:

- 2 Black ice clownfish
- 1 Diamond spotted gobie
- 1 Banggai cardinal
- 1 6 line wrasse
- 3 Peppermint shrimp
- 12 snails
- 4 softie corals

My question is when would be an appropriate time to add an anemone to the tank? Additionally, what other fish would work well with these guys?

Thanks in advance!
That's a loaded question. Some folks say a few months, others a year. My LFS sold me my first nem about three months in. It lived for three years. I think the answer is when you have a steady record of stability, good lighting and a solid routine down for maintenance to keep the tank clean and stable.
Do you have a lid on the tank? If so, think about a firefish. They are small, active but good jumpers!

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a hawkfish? My flame hawk is a model citizen and fun to watch, even though he always looks like he's up to no good. As far as the nem goes, that depends on the nem. You could probably add a rock flower anemone within a couple of months. They're pretty hardy, and don't travel much. Not to mention, they look amazing. If you're looking for a nem to host your clowns, I don't have much experience. I'll defer to the more experienced anemone keepers.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back