Help with AIO back sump. Max e260

Brad Jones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

just bought a used e260 with the sump upgrade. But I want to upgrade the display tank with wave makers (nero5’s) and I’m hoping to remove the existing dual pumps that came with the stock e260.

see attached image for the back of sump and wondering if this will create a dead pocket of water because of the baffle placements and if that will be a problem long term and I should just keep the pumps going.

just think two 30w pumps running plus the return and two nero5’s would be overkill.

could I turn this space into a Pod refugium and pack if full of live rockwith little flow?

42AE743A-9132-46DB-8C25-45C145DD142B.jpeg

Okd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of doing the exact same thing . . .

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a barely used e260 three days ago. I already have the sump on order. I am still tagging in here though, I want to see what you do on this. I am curious on how my sump plumbs into the back part, this kit is supposed to have everything with it.

Maybe you can answer some questions on the tank if you have time? My return pump coming from my sump, where does it connect into the rear built in sump?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back