Help with Apex alarm

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ATO container water level was low late last night and I have a float switch in it connected through a break out box. I have it set to send an alarm when the switch is closed. I filled it back up around 5pm this evening. So all night and day I received a notification every hour, which I expected. Now that it’s filled back up and the alarm is off I’m still getting texts that were from the alarm status from earlier in the day. Anybody know why it’s doing it?
56DE3580-2BB0-419A-937D-B695C52061DC.png

At 8:05pm I got two texts from the status of the switch from 2:27pm and 4:27pm.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed it happen before when I’ve allowed an alarm to stay on for an extended period of time and I know it’ll eventually stop. I just don’t understand why it does it. So it’s just a delay in the text notification aspect of apex? I didn’t think about it but that would explain why I only get the texts and not the email or push notification late too.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My phone is also TMobile but I’m at home and I don’t really have cell signal, so I get normal texts from Wi-Fi. Unless these texts have to come through cell network and I’m just occasionally getting enough signal to recieve the texts.
I didn’t think about it but I only seem to have this issue at home.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue with any notifications that stay on for any length of time. My example is my saltwater station. I’ll get an immediate notification once it’s filled with rodi. Between the time of the initial alarm and when I actually mix in the salt and reset the alarm I typically won’t get but one more text. In the middle of the night or the following day I am flooded with texts from the previous days alarm. I haven’t delved into how to program some alarms as non repeating. I’m sure it would involve a virtual outlet with a defer so many minutes then off statement. I’m just too lazy I guess.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue with any notifications that stay on for any length of time. My example is my saltwater station. I’ll get an immediate notification once it’s filled with rodi. Between the time of the initial alarm and when I actually mix in the salt and reset the alarm I typically won’t get but one more text. In the middle of the night or the following day I am flooded with texts from the previous days alarm. I haven’t delved into how to program some alarms as non repeating. I’m sure it would involve a virtual outlet with a defer so many minutes then off statement. I’m just too lazy I guess.
This.

I just deal with it, never got too in depth with alarm code either, I'm just happy it does work.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This.

I just deal with it, never got too in depth with alarm code either, I'm just happy it does work.
Always in the past I’ve also just waited it out, but as I sit here bored and heard my phone beep it made me more curious.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always in the past I’ve also just waited it out, but as I sit here bored and heard my phone beep it made me more curious.
To be honest, I really only starting noticing this over the past several months. Previously I would get repeat texts every sixty minutes until the alarm was resolved. Maybe something changed within fusion. I’m on Verizon so it’s not carrier specific

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, I really only starting noticing this over the past several months. Previously I would get repeat texts every sixty minutes until the alarm was resolved. Maybe something changed within fusion. I’m on Verizon so it’s not carrier specific
Maybe so? Thus my thought on the apex backend being the issue....

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may end up just turning off text alerts, if I can remember how. The push notification and the email are plenty of alarm for me. That or I’ll get lazy and never change anything and just wait out the texts every time.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back