Help with Apex Code for my Klir Filter Roller

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the recent news of BRS taking over Neptune I've decided not to sell my Apex. I've moved it to a frag system for the time being.

On the frag system, I've installed a Klir Filter roller. I want to control the Klir with the Apex. I have connected directly to an outlet on the EB and it works, meaning I can get the Klir motor to run by manually switching the outlet.
This is what I want to do with the Klir and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to code it (after 18 months of owning the Apex) I want the Klir to run twice a day, four days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday) for 3 seconds each time it runs. If that can’t be done I could run it once each of those days for 5 seconds at midnight.

If anyone knows the proper code to make this happen I would appreciate the help.

Thank you!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This code will run it for 3 seconds at noon and midnight each Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun:

[Klir]
Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/000:03/719:57 Then ON
If DOW --T-T-S Then OFF

See my tutorial on Apex Timers for more details on how this works:

For a more in-depth overview of OSC, see my OSC tutorial video:

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the recent news of BRS taking over Neptune I've decided not to sell my Apex. I've moved it to a frag system for the time being.

On the frag system, I've installed a Klir Filter roller. I want to control the Klir with the Apex. I have connected directly to an outlet on the EB and it works, meaning I can get the Klir motor to run by manually switching the outlet.
This is what I want to do with the Klir and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to code it (after 18 months of owning the Apex) I want the Klir to run twice a day, four days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday) for 3 seconds each time it runs. If that can’t be done I could run it once each of those days for 5 seconds at midnight.

If anyone knows the proper code to make this happen I would appreciate the help.

Thank you!

Random question, but why only have it run for selective times? Wouldn't you want it running constantly? Or are you just trying to save rolls?

OP
OP
DWill

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question, but why only have it run for selective times? Wouldn't you want it running constantly? Or are you just trying to save rolls?
Tuning it to my system and saving filter material.... I did the same with the Klir on my display that running on Hydros after watching a live stream Coral Vue did on setting up the Klir with a Hydros... It's just 1000X easier on Hydros. I'm using time instead of the optical sensor because I can better match it to my system and also because it takes a while for the water level to drop and the it keeps rolling filter material until the sensor is open again....

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back