Help with Aquarium Pick

Daenion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to decide between a Red Sea 625 G2 and a Red Sea 750 G2.

I will be putting this aquarium in the first floor so I am not too worried about the weight however I will follow the general rule of putting it near a load bearing wall perpendicular to the joists. However, I was wondering if 750 would be too big for someone just getting back to the hobby after 20 years or is it more of a go big or go home.

If I go with either how did you guys get it inside your home. Would couple friends be enough or do I actually need professional help?

Is there a big difference between 6ft and 5ft? If there is would a shallow 6ft be a better alternative than 625?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: For those who saw my previous posts, they had to cancel the 525 since they couldn't deliver it in time and I am going out of town this Monday for couple weeks.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either system would be great. I have the 750 and love it. If you have the space and the difference in price isn't a hurdle, go with the 750 or S-850 (with the aluminum stand and dual sump).

You need at least 4 people (preferably 6) to move the tank, and glass suction handles are a must.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be scared of Red Sea tanks right now after seeing so many issues with them. I don't know if it's just because they sell so many of them or what, but the number of posts I see about them leaking is concerning.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back