help with Branching Purple coralline

shiningarmor377

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received an order from seahorsesavvy.com that included a small specimen of branching purple coralline algae which appears to be significantly bleached, and I'm not sure if its still alive or has any chance of recovering once in the tank.

IMG_1311.jpg

That's what it looked like as soon as I took it out of the box. The package delivery was delayed by about an hour and a half, but it isn't particularly hot outside where I am. Any advice on whether or not it will recover once in the tank or special care tips to get it looking healthier would be greatly appreciated.

edit: also received a Gorgonian without a frag plug, any tips on safely attaching it to my rockwork would be appreciated as well.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just received an order from seahorsesavvy.com that included a small specimen of branching purple coralline algae which appears to be significantly bleached, and I'm not sure if its still alive or has any chance of recovering once in the tank.

IMG_1311.jpg

That's what it looked like as soon as I took it out of the box. The package delivery was delayed by about an hour and a half, but it isn't particularly hot outside where I am. Any advice on whether or not it will recover once in the tank or special care tips to get it looking healthier would be greatly appreciated.

edit: also received a Gorgonian without a frag plug, any tips on safely attaching it to my rockwork would be appreciated as well.
Agree with others as to ability to thrive. coral with coralline already established makes it geniculate allowing spreading cells called crustose to adhere to rocks, coral, shells (often seen on snails and crabs) and even glass. Adding rock with coralline is actually the easiest way to introduce coralline opposed to the magic liquids which rarely work. Maintain light-flow-calcium for support of this coralline.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back