Help with chalice I.d.

  • Thread starter Thread starter bud_rick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bud_rick

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2022
Messages
117
Reaction score
186
Location
Upstate NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody on here know what kind of chalice this is by chance. It’s listed as a elements chalice but I can’t find any info on it. I was looking for pics of a large colony.
F729CF9A-B10A-48B0-94DC-8458312E379F.jpeg
 
Does anybody on here know what kind of chalice this is by chance. It’s listed as a elements chalice but I can’t find any info on it. I was looking for pics of a large colony.
F729CF9A-B10A-48B0-94DC-8458312E379F.jpeg
Looks like what a lot of others call a Goku chalice
1671552593805.png


I think they are echinophyllia chalice types.
 
Does anybody on here know what kind of chalice this is by chance. It’s listed as a elements chalice but I can’t find any info on it. I was looking for pics of a large colony.
F729CF9A-B10A-48B0-94DC-8458312E379F.jpeg
Either green and gold chalice or gold rush chalice
 
Does anybody on here know what kind of chalice this is by chance. It’s listed as a elements chalice but I can’t find any info on it. I was looking for pics of a large colony.
F729CF9A-B10A-48B0-94DC-8458312E379F.jpeg
Echinophyllia sp.
Any idea on this one? Alien eye?

635FF868-3935-4D4F-B78C-CCAC93D89457.jpeg
50ECD1A4-9171-4F21-96F4-D3F0CE71316F.jpeg
Lobophylliidae sp. Either Echinophyllia or Oxypora
 
Agree with @encrustingacro crustingacro that it is an oxypora. I think Alien Eyes chalice are mycedium, and have bigger eyes/mouths.
 
its none of those ^ it's from Calikid Corals and hooked reefer on ebay has it every so often it has alot more colors when given just royal blue 40 to 50 par
 

Attachments

  • OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 41
its none of those ^ it's from Calikid Corals and hooked reefer on ebay has it every so often it has alot more colors when given just royal blue 40 to 50 par
That's a stretch unless you know the original poster was buying from there. High end vendors like CaliKid would most likely have a name on something they sold and to be honest even if it was bought from another hobbyist without a name, most people cutting frags would try and include all possible colors to get more for it. Unless there is something expressly staying it was from a high end vendors, I probably wouldn't jump to that conclusion. I'd say less people would be purchasing their corals than let's say WWc.
 
That's a stretch unless you know the original poster was buying from there. High end vendors like CaliKid would most likely have a name on something they sold and to be honest even if it was bought from another hobbyist without a name, most people cutting frags would try and include all possible colors to get more for it. Unless there is something expressly staying it was from a high end vendors, I probably wouldn't jump to that conclusion. I'd say less people would be purchasing their corals than let's say WWc.
I did not buy anything from calikid. That's a good looking coral though. I wouldn't be upset if it turned into that eventually lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new