HELP WITH CLOUDY WATER!!

Psychedelickid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! My water has been getting cloudier and cloudier everyday and I dont know why. I did a 50% water change and it got even worse the following day. The tank is 4 months old. Everything looks good peramiter wise. I'm running filter floss and carbon. Please help.

20200806_171431.jpg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, and #WelcometoR2R

Sorry you have this going on

To be sure when you say water is good, can you list out your parameters. I would recommend you ensure you have good O2 exchange while you figure this out. Have some good surface flow and keep a skimmer running if you have one. Like flipper mentioned do you have a UV, that would be the best for right now.

Have you been dosing anything or feeding heavy. We would want to find out what caused the bloom to begin.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If a UV strilizer is unaffordable at this time, You can get a hang on back power filter ($24 at walmart) and run it with the carbon filter pouch and add some carbon to the chamber which acts as a water polisher and you will see some clarity rather quickly

OP
OP
P

Psychedelickid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! My water has been getting cloudier and cloudier everyday and I dont know why. I did a 50% water change and it got even worse the following day. The tank is 4 months old. Everything looks good peramiter wise. I'm running filter floss and carbon. Please help.

20200806_171431.jpg
I have 2 clowns and a wrasse. I changed the carbon 4 days ago when I did the water change.

Back