Help with Coral Health

jdeskeere98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 30g cube up and running for 6 months, everything was pretty healthy and stable. Recently when moving that tank cracked, so I bought a Waterbox 20 cube. Anyways, I left for a weekend, had a friend top off the tank, and I came back to realize the return pump had malfunctioned and stopped running properly, causing the water to not circulate properly through the filtration. My water was milky, and my ammonia spiked to 0.5. Other than that the params were normal. My frogspawn is no longer full and large, stays pretty shriveled and is looking white/translucent, my favia is turning white and lost nearly all its glow, my xenia doesn’t look right, and my duncan’s don’t really open up all the way anymore either. It’s extremely frustrating after putting so much into this to get these results, but I’d like to know possibilities on why this is happening. Could it be my lighting? I’m running an Orbit marine LED, W:65 B:100 G:29 R:75. Thanks in advance.

The green and red acan was purchased with one dead head on it.

56965297-5677-4D7A-AED1-B9F8F524E0AC.jpeg 52AD3B57-85D8-44DE-9744-FAB345D2FDE5.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn off the red in your LED. That LED has very low PAR levels in general after 12 inches (with all channels at maximum) so keep that in mind. I assume your alk and calcium are stable?

You could dose some amino acids or similar to help the corals if they are struggling

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back