Help with coral ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter cedgin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cedgin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Charleston
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I work with a ton of marine fish and coral at my local aquarium shop, and we got this coral in from a guy and we are all having debates about what kind of coral this is, the running debates are between chalice, cyphastrea, leptatrea! I would love yo know if any of you know exactly what this is or have one yourself, I've lost about 2 hours trying to find something thay looks similar... If I had to describe it to you; The base is a Red/Orange color and is hard like an sps but the polyps are large like a lps and they are green maybe slightly blue with stripes going through them, they tentacles coming off the polyps are long and they are rounded at the tips.

Ive attached 2 pictures, one with blue light and one without :) thank you for taking the time to read and respond!

20260326_140639.jpg 20260326_125023.jpg
 
I'm thinking none of those. Maybe a chalice but more than likely not. Maybe an Acan Echinata?

@thamnasteroid ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new