Help with Coral Identification

  • Thread starter Thread starter MarkDE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MarkDE

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2021
Messages
24
Reaction score
7
Location
Dortmund , Germany
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Day to everyone ,

ive bought this Coral about 8 years ago and it has grown from a small colony to a pretty large one .
Now ive done some frags but tbh ... i dont know the name of this Coral anymore , i already searched the web like crazy but cant find the exact species .
Maybe someone here know it ?

Greetings from Germany ,

Mark ;)

ps: ive also put in a picture from 2017 , i already had it for 3 years :)
20220711_103748.jpg
20220711_103807.jpg
20220711_103817.jpg
20220711_103823.jpg
f79c6df2-9d50-410d-ac3a-21536892254c.jpg
 
Hey Blaxsun ,

thanks for your reply . I think you might be right , i guess i bought it as a lobophyllia . Could it be a Loophyllia Castata ?
 
It could be acanthastrea pachysepta thing?

I would also guess this. Either way it is either a lobo or what until very recently what was considered a lobo. In any case 99% of the time it is sold as a lobo.
 
I would also guess this. Either way it is either a lobo or what until very recently what was considered a lobo. In any case 99% of the time it is sold as a lobo.
One or the other. But, pachysepta is very aggressive, from what I have read. It will eat it's neighbors. I guess lobos do to? A bit inexperienced to say.
 
One or the other. But, pachysepta is very aggressive, from what I have read. It will eat it's neighbors. I guess lobos do to? A bit inexperienced to say.

I have read that the pachysepta are much more aggressive also. Personally i have never noticed any difference at all and put them right next to and touching other true lobos and never had an issue(and supposedly from what I read they should fight)
 
Looks like a pachysepta to me. You can usually tell by the flesh.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new