Help with coral placement on new scape

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jgill70
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jgill70

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2020
Messages
556
Reaction score
108
Location
Edwardsville, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello all. I recently redid my entire aquascape and need help selecting and placement of those corals. I currently have 4 sps and 3 lps in the tank. I am looking at only keeping lps and sps corals along with a zoa garden. I will attach a pic of the scape for reference. The rock on the lower right will be where the zoas will be going. I would like suggestions for the main aquascape.

IMG_0451.jpeg
 
Aquascape looks nice. Lots of different zones for different needs.
Have you measured the PAR levels at the various rock levels you have?
I would be mindful of anything that is plating on the top level, as you could quickly shadow the middle layer.
One thing that helped me when I was in your stage was to plan colours as well as final form. I now have some sticks and montis that will look really nice in terms of colour when thy grow out.
 
Aquascape looks nice. Lots of different zones for different needs.
Have you measured the PAR levels at the various rock levels you have?
I would be mindful of anything that is plating on the top level, as you could quickly shadow the middle layer.
One thing that helped me when I was in your stage was to plan colours as well as final form. I now have some sticks and montis that will look really nice in terms of colour when thy grow out.
Thanks for the reply. I have not measured par as I have no access to a par meter. My light is a t5 hybrid fixture with a hydra 32. The bulbs are 2 blue+ one coral+ and one actinic. I have the hydra at 50% intensity. I was looking at montis that are encrusting and not plating. Is there other lps you would recommend.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new