Help with diagnosis

Brill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all -

I'm fairly new to the hobby, about 1 year in on this 265g and just recently started noticing some white stuff (almost like a powder) on my Achilles tang along with a single white dot on my purple tang. Wondering if anyone with more experience might be able to help me understand what it is and how to cure (if needed).

Sorry if the pictures are a bit blurry, it's hard to capture still photos of them.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

IMG_4577.jpg IMG_4578.jpg IMG_4568.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey all -

I'm fairly new to the hobby, about 1 year in on this 265g and just recently started noticing some white stuff (almost like a powder) on my Achilles tang along with a single white dot on my purple tang. Wondering if anyone with more experience might be able to help me understand what it is and how to cure (if needed).

Sorry if the pictures are a bit blurry, it's hard to capture still photos of them.

Thank you,

These guys susceptible to velvet And may be such
Need pics under bright white lights to confirm

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all -

Thank you,

Pics under white light would help confirm, but your Achilles tang certainly has marine ich, Cryptocaryon irritans. I can see some random spots on the other tangs.

What are your resources like, do you have a treatment tank? If not, can you remove all of the invertebrates from your display and run hyposalinity?

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back