Help with DOS AWC calibration and balance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cybrook1421

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to get my DOS AWC/MWC system calibrated and balanced. The DOS lines both go from the DOS, up about 10ft, over 14ft, and then back down 10ft to the tank. I am running 1/4 RODI. There does not seem to be any bubbles in the system as I am watching it.

As I tried it this morning, it seemed to be consistently inconsistent. I ran the manual water change programming at least 5 times in succession with it programmed to do 400ml in one dose at 250ml/min. The SW side would always dose a little over 420ml and the waste side would always dose about 380ml. I did the calibration for the SW side again (I calibrated it a few months ago but haven't been using it) and it pushed exactly 40ml without needing calibrated. Same with the waste calibration.

If the calibration is right, why is it not moving the correct amount of water? I do have the ends of the RODI tubes in a slightly different position when testing it because of where they are in the system I can't get the bowl/graduated cylinder in.

What are some thoughts or ways that I can fix this and at least get them balanced. I really don't mind them being off from the program, I mind them being off from each other and causing the water level in the tank to potentially differ.

Any advice much appreciated!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not run a line that far so cannot speak from experience. Since that is a long run with elevation the only thing I could think of to try is to calibrate it as it relates to final installation which it sounds like you have done. This way both full run and elevation is considered. If after that it is off then I'd send Neptune a quick email/support this morning so you can get in their queue. Maybe there is an offset once you run through calibration a few times that you can do.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back