Help with Dr. tims and Dinos

Nanojoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i am dealing with a little bit of dinos in my sand bed. I know there are plenty of threads already started on this topic. What i am asking is that can i avoid the blackout period? I do not want to stress some corals out that currently not looking the best but most of the reef is looking okay.
I purchased Dr. Tims waste away and Re-fresh. Also am using a UV sterilizer 24/7.
Dr. Tims method says to do the blackout period but i have also heard him talk about just dosing the 2 products with no black out. Ill be doing a siphoning to physically remove what i can see. I did this last week and seem to help out a lot. nitrates 3ppm phosphate .05 if you were wondering.
Really just looking for some people with experience using this method and what i should look out for and their outcomes, thanks!
-Joe

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to figure out what kind of dinos you have to be able to use the proper methods of removing the specific type.
Uv doesnt work on them all.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d raise the nutrients and dose the bacteria w/o the blackout. You could reduce the lights, but the bacteria, elevated nutrients, UV, coupled with your manual removal will probably knock it out. Maybe if it starts to get bad you could do the blackout.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back