Help with elegance infection

AlexLS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
2 weeks ago my elegance shrunk down and showed symptoms of not feeling ok.
I have been feeding him with mysis and RR form time to time since I had him. Since he started shrinking he was feeding less an less, he does not react to food that much.

Last weekend I dipped him in Seachem Dip (idodine) and today it looks like this:
IMG-20210520-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210520-WA0000.jpg

A blue one :D
20210520_120522.jpg

Looks like something is not right on the left there seems to be some flesh dying.

What do you guys think I should do to try and help him?
As for dips I have: Seachem Dip, Coral RX and Brightwell Medicoral.
Do you think dipping him again would help? What would be the frequency of the dip?
I saw some people dipping in FW but I don't know if it helps here.

My weekly measurements:
1621501024377.png

Yesterday No3 raised a bit up to around 1 (where it usually hovered in the past), working on those to bring up to some acceptable levels by N and P addition.

I am quite new to Reefing and don't know how to proceed to maximize the chances of survival. He has been in my tank for ~7 months in which time was looking ok.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

aidil257

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
2 weeks ago my elegance shrunk down and showed symptoms of not feeling ok.
I have been feeding him with mysis and RR form time to time since I had him. Since he started shrinking he was feeding less an less, he does not react to food that much.

Last weekend I dipped him in Seachem Dip (idodine) and today it looks like this:
IMG-20210520-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210520-WA0000.jpg

A blue one :D
20210520_120522.jpg

Looks like something is not right on the left there seems to be some flesh dying.

What do you guys think I should do to try and help him?
As for dips I have: Seachem Dip, Coral RX and Brightwell Medicoral.
Do you think dipping him again would help? What would be the frequency of the dip?
I saw some people dipping in FW but I don't know if it helps here.

My weekly measurements:
1621501024377.png

Yesterday No3 raised a bit up to around 1 (where it usually hovered in the past), working on those to bring up to some acceptable levels by N and P addition.

I am quite new to Reefing and don't know how to proceed to maximize the chances of survival. He has been in my tank for ~7 months in which time was looking ok.

Thank you in advance.
I feel you mate! I've tried keeping them and all 3 died on me, although my water perimeters are good. Eager to hear the advices from the experts here and best of luck in reviving your Elegance..

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%

Back