Help with ESV 2 Part

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I need to start dosing since my alkalinity is dropping to about 6.7 consistently. I have ESV 2 part however I am confused on this process. My alkalinity is at 6.7 and calcium is at 460. To dose ESV i need to do a 1:1 ratio of both liquids. If I do so, wouldnt this also bring up my calcium which would lead it to be too high?

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I need to start dosing since my alkalinity is dropping to about 6.7 consistently. I have ESV 2 part however I am confused on this process. My alkalinity is at 6.7 and calcium is at 460. To dose ESV i need to do a 1:1 ratio of both liquids. If I do so, wouldnt this also bring up my calcium which would lead it to be too high?
Not necessarily.

It is important that you dose in a 1:1 ratio otherwise you will throw off your sodium chloride balance.

Use water changes to bring up your alk. Alternatively change your ratio on the two part to favor alk and do water changes to rebalance. I suggest the former not the later.

IME alk is semi independent of calcium. You can also if your tank is more mature and has anaerobic zones use nitrate to rais your alk. You can use magnesium nitrate or even calcium nitrate. The amout of calcium added isn't likely to change your calcium much. I don't recommend sodium nitrate for this because of the sodium.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 83 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.2%
Back