Help with Firefish!!! Flukes?

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any thoughts on this? Active and eating well, but has been “gulping” and has these white dots on him. Have had them come and go randomly for weeks now. Sometimes the other fish get them too but no other symptoms of flukes like flashing etc…

Nothing has been added in months and all fish in system bought from a full QT reputable online vendor.

Flukes? fin rot? Something else?

*note the white spot on the clownfish tail is just salt on my glass*
IMG_5713.jpeg
IMG_5710.jpeg
IMG_5712.jpeg
IMG_5716.jpeg
IMG_5715.jpeg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't tell dots on glass from dots on fish, but it looks really beat up. What other fish are in tank?

OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't tell dots on glass from dots on fish, but it looks really beat up. What other fish are in tank?
Anything that looks like it’s on the firefish body is on its body. Other things like pods etc.. are in the glass. Only exception is the “spot” on the clownfish.

2 clowns and a tomini tang. Haven’t showed any aggression in the months they’ve been in there

OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump.

Was gonna use prazipro, but I have some stunning and beautiful and $$$ sps colonies and torches (50 total heads). Is it completely reef safe?

Lemons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just kinda looks like agression damage to me? No other fluke signs? No flasing, head twitching? Are you able to do a FWD to confirm?

Prazi is MOSTLY reef safe, and i say that because usually our sessile friends get ticked off by it. And if they werent healthy in the first place they can die... but i have never had any coral or invert death using prazi in DT but lots of lost color and sad polyp extension during the length of treatment

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back