Help with Flow

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently upgraded my Biocube to a 65g tank. It measures 36L and 24W. I’m currently running a Jaebo gyre on the left side too for surface agitation as my return flow is not very strong. On the right side, I have 2 AI Nero 3’s and they’re running at 75% pulse. Will be primarily LPS with some SPS. It’s currently fallow so I’m playing with the flow. Any advice is appreciated, including adding more pumps. I would most likely stove with AI as I have the lights and the pump for my UV. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0429.mov
    37.4 MB

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard without really visualizing your scape, but if you had those nero pump on opposite ends you will get better flow patterns. Make the most out of the pumps you have with better placement to maximize flow. I would have randomized flow from three of four directions if I were you. Maybe get another nozzle to help out your return pump.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, I thought medium to high flow like the ocean was required but I learned less is more when dealing with a simple box of water.

OP
OP
Ian Baxter

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard without really visualizing your scape, but if you had those nero pump on opposite ends you will get better flow patterns. Make the most out of the pumps you have with better placement to maximize flow. I would have randomized flow from three of four directions if I were you. Maybe get another nozzle to help out your return pump.
I finally added a video. Was in a bad area when I posted it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back