Help with fluctuating PH

ImageX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the lighting doesnt make the ph keep going up... it just brings it back to a certain level... basically you dont need to worry about ph alk is the one you need to address thats basically what everyone is telling you... if you address the alk the ph will be right but it's completely normal for your ph to drop when the lights go off... thats y people run kalk drip after or right before the lights go out to address this issue...

OP
OP
CSJIII

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dirrectly, it's not the lighting, this I know. It's the respiration of the algaes present in my tank and co2 is produced during photosynthesis. I get it. I'm adding Kent dkh buffer at lights off for the past 3 evenings. Will test kh again tonight.

OP
OP
CSJIII

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in the past few days I have slowly removed some of the algae that was on the wall side of my tank. Its been a spot where a little extra light gets in in the afternoon. Besides it looking really nice now, my PH has changed. Its more compact in change but its on the low end. I have been adding Kent PH and KH buffer each day after lights off and my KH has gone from 6 to 8 which is good, but as you can see in my most recent graph, the PH is remaining low. The spike is from adding my 2 part buffer.
c5a1300b.jpg

bd51ef77.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back