Help with fragging fat-head dendro

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nart
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nart

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
98
Reaction score
154
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone fragged a fat-head dendro before?

This is an older picture of my fat-head dendro. I have been waiting for it to grow some more... it now has around 7 heads, but I don't see a good and long entry point like a frog spawn for me to use a dremel to cut in.

So I am assuming I go in with a dremel of where I drew the red lines?
Tips anyone? Thank you.
Capture.JPG
 
Yes you will dremel or use bone cutters and cut the skeleton far enough away from the fleshy part.
 
Hey give us an update picture once you’ve fragged it and let us know how it went. I have a fat head dendro right now also that I plan on dragging in the future so I want to see how this turned out:)
 
Oh man. The fragging did not go well. I spoke with another reefer and he said the polyp/stalk might've been too small still. So the polyp that I fragged ended up just deteriorating.
If you have a big and long enough polyp then apparently you can just cut right through kind of like a frogspawn.
 
Darn, sorry to hear that. At least you can give advice for other reefers to prevent them from making a mistake like that in the future. Thank you:) :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new