Help with getting rid of algae

s holley

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2014
Messages
174
Reaction score
107
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae outbreak after getting some new coral. The corals were dipped but it spread anyway.
This alage is a brown color. It is long like gha. I have tried using reefflux and chemiclean. I lowered lights, turned off whites. Nothing seems to kill this. Fish won't eat it. I've been reefing for 14 years. Never had an alage like this in my tanks. Tank was almost 2 years old. Nitrates have bottomed out. Phosphate is .02
Any ideas?

20230909_133429.jpg 20230825_122439.jpg 20230825_122507.jpg 20230909_133545.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new