Help with ID please - what is it?

SebM

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2021
Messages
57
Reaction score
90
Location
Kent, UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me what this is please?



IMG_6470.jpeg

IMG_6469.jpeg

IMG_6468.jpeg

IMG_6467.jpeg
 
Kind of blurry, but it appears to be a gumdrop goby near a vermitid snail tube?
 
Kind of blurry, but it appears to be a gumdrop goby near a vermitid snail tube?
+1 vermitid snail tube or mabey a sponge it's pretty blurry so it's hard to tell if it's a tube or a mass

Edit: the longer I stare at it the more it looks like a tube I think Kris is right
 
Last edited:
Thanks guys. I’ll try to take a better pic. It’s that whole mass. The tube only appeared in the last week or so. It’s been growing for months.

I don’t think/hope it’s a vermetid snail. They shoot out this long tentacles, don’t they? Haven’t seen anything like that.
 
Ok tried some more pics.

This is actually on a piece TMC dry rock. The tank has two tall TMC dry rock pieces (one each side) and then a structure in the center where I used rocks straight from my old tank (not dried, straight in). Those were originally also dry rock but are a good 5 years old.

Tank has been running since last October (pic at the bottom).



IMG_6476.jpeg

IMG_6478.jpeg

IMG_6479.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new