help with ID. the long way

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silexx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Silexx

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2020
Messages
44
Reaction score
25
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can anybody id this long boy from this pic, it was in a tub with of a bunch of other reef fish from a video on facebook. i cant figure out what it is

Screenshot_7-4-2025_82458_www.facebook.com.jpeg Screenshot_7-4-2025_8348_www.facebook.com.jpeg
 
I feel like I’ve seen this posted before, would you happen to know where the video was sourced from? Looks like it’s somewhere in the info-pacific since I can see what I think is a mandarin on the upper right corner of the second pic.
 
Got it! Curious wormfish. Gunnellichthys curiosus
 
They seem to be very rarely collected, liveaquaria has them listed, but no idea last time they were in stock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new