Help with lighting for Clownfish Anemone tank

excaliber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are brand new to the hobby and just purchased our first Saltwater tank. It's going to be a Clownfish Anemone tank once the tank is ready for them.

The tank is a Tideline aio 62 gal lagoon. The display area is actually closer to 48 gallons. Display Dimensions are 48.5" L x 14" W x 15.75 D I've read pretty much everything I can find here about lighting but I'm not seeing what I'm looking for.

For those of you that have shallower lagoon style Anemone tanks what lights are you using? Are there specific lighting requirements. All I can find is most seem to think 150 par is in the right ballpark. I'm not sure what spectrum would be best?

I was looking at the Noop Pro III's but not sure if that's too much light for them?

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are brand new to the hobby and just purchased our first Saltwater tank. It's going to be a Clownfish Anemone tank once the tank is ready for them.

The tank is a Tideline aio 62 gal lagoon. The display area is actually closer to 48 gallons. Display Dimensions are 48.5" L x 14" W x 15.75 D I've read pretty much everything I can find here about lighting but I'm not seeing what I'm looking for.

For those of you that have shallower lagoon style Anemone tanks what lights are you using? Are there specific lighting requirements. All I can find is most seem to think 150 par is in the right ballpark. I'm not sure what spectrum would be best?

I was looking at the Noop Pro III's but not sure if that's too much light for them?
Most nems if not all of them can take any amount of light thrown at them! They will move and adjust to their liking and there’s no way around it lol.. as long as you get a decent light you’ll be fine don’t worry about it being too strong.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back