Light for 3ft tall paludarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter Poison
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Poison

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
RiverSide
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have had a 24"x24"x36" (water portion is about 24"x24"x11") exoterra paludarium sitting empty for a couple years now and had the idea to setup a little reef tank with mangoves coming out of it. I'm not sure what I would be putting in it as far as fish go but it would more then likely be strictly soft corals and an anemone eventually. I understand I may have to trim back some growth from the mangrove to allow light to reach the corals or position the light to allow it to hit the corals but I'll deal with that when its time. My question is which lighting system would be best for lighting corals 25"- 36" away? Budget friendly options would be preferred but willing to hear all options. Not sure if "budget" is even an option at this range. Thank you!
 
Hello, I have had a 24"x24"x36" (water portion is about 24"x24"x11") exoterra paludarium sitting empty for a couple years now and had the idea to setup a little reef tank with mangoves coming out of it. I'm not sure what I would be putting in it as far as fish go but it would more then likely be strictly soft corals and an anemone eventually. I understand I may have to trim back some growth from the mangrove to allow light to reach the corals or position the light to allow it to hit the corals but I'll deal with that when its time. My question is which lighting system would be best for lighting corals 25"- 36" away? Budget friendly options would be preferred but willing to hear all options. Not sure if "budget" is even an option at this range. Thank you!
Do you want actual shallow type lighting ( freshwater but on the cool side)
This would be the easiest and cheapest.
6500k+ flood light with a lens angle of around 40-60 degrees.
Unfortunately ATM I can only find max 5000k ( great for mangroves) 90 degree floods
https://www.ledlightexpert.com/240-watt-led-high-bay-light-ufo-5000k-100-277v-2412
Or the more traditional " blue"?
Kessil makes a tight beam add on
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/35-degree-narrow-reflector-for-a360x-a500x-kessil.htmlhttps://www.saltwateraquarium.com/a360x-tuna-blue-wifi-aquarium-led-w-dongle-kessil/
Lens and body and wifi is about $600 and you need mount.

Found the 60 degree lens
https://www.ledlightexpert.com/4-Pa...ction-High-Bay-or-Warehouse-Light_p_1972.html
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new