I was out buying more live rock for my tank during the cycle, been cycling for about a week now. And my LFS gave me a Duncan for free and said it would be fine even with my ammonia at .5 and nitrite at 4. What should I do? Put it in and opened up immediately, said it is hardy enough to withstand it?
Duncans can be very hardy coral and grow faster than you’d expect, if your worried about it you can take measures to try and speed up the cycling process like adding rock from an established tank if your lfs will sell you some
Yes NYAquatics gave me live cured Indonesian rock out of their sumps, about 10lbs in a 25 gal. Ammonia has went from 2 to .5 in 6 days and nitrite has spiked but yet to come down.
What are the main things I need to look at for coral health? How can I tell it is doing good? Bought some reef roids to feed