What's going on with my frogspawn coral?

cdemoss01

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2023
Messages
6,270
Reaction score
21,722
Location
Roanoke
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
My frogspawn coral has been doing great in my tank for the past few months.. however recently about a day ago I noticed it's all closed up. What is going on here? What is the white mucus string coming out of it?
#fishmedic
1000018798.jpg
 
Can you let us know more about your parameters, flow and lighting?

The R2R #reefsquad may be more help too 🙂

Good luck!
 
Also wanted to add that that I added a green toadstool, colt coral, goblin green Kenya tree and a galaxea coral but they're nowhere near this frogspawn. What could be going on.
 
Can you let us know more about your parameters, flow and lighting?

The R2R #reefsquad may be more help too 🙂

Good luck!
N03 is in the 60s.
Yes high but it's been fine in these conditions for awhile.
ReefLED 90s on a tank that's 48L 12W 24H

Carbon dosing is slowly being effective. It's gotten my N03 down from the 120s in 4 months not sure if thats normal for NOPOX
 
Also wanted to add that that I added a green toadstool, colt coral, goblin green Kenya tree and a galaxea coral but they're nowhere near this frogspawn. What could be going on.
tank size ,better pics of frogspawn,add carbon
 
Maybe a few different angles, can't see top "mouth" ,doesn't look like much of a flesh band on stalk
 
Full tank shots are sometimes helpful also. Do you have a lot of algae in the tank? Do you have vermetidae snails? White string maybe a snail web?
I am having another gha problem but it shouldn't be affecting the frogspawn. And yes vermitids are present.
 
Maybe a few different angles, can't see top "mouth" ,doesn't look like much of a flesh band on stalk
I didn't know they had a mouth.. I've never even noticed one. I'll try to get a better photo
 
Look for a little snail on the stalk. You might get lucky 🙃
I saw some possibly covered in Coraline. I have prazi pro and kanaplex if any of those may do some help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new