Help with lighting recommendations

Snow Capped Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using a Kessill A160 on my Eshopp Deskmate and not to sure what’s the best lighting for this aquarium. It came with a stock led light as well I can throw back on the tank but was wondering if you guys think I should continue to use the A160? Also should I run the light with a mix of blue and white light? Thanks in advance for the info!

acrocapital

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion would be to stick with the Kessil, that's an amazing light and will out perform the stock light, 50% Blue and 50% White is what I run on my systems.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Snow Capped Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion would be to stick with the Kessil, that's an amazing light and will out perform the stock light, 50% Blue and 50% White is what I run on my systems.
Okay, thanks for the help! What intensity do you think I should run the light at? I don’t have the adapter part that allows me to see the percentage but I basically have it as low as it can go at the moment since it’s running on such a small tank.

Upvote 0

acrocapital

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, thanks for the help! What intensity do you think I should run the light at? I don’t have the adapter part that allows me to see the percentage but I basically have it as low as it can go at the moment since it’s running on such a small tank.
Intensity I would stick with where you have it at, no more than 25% would be adequate for that size system.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back