Help with lighting

Eleni18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. We are currently upgrading our lighting combo from a 4 T5X39 watt fixture to a DIY ATI imitation with 8x39 T5. These include
3 blue plus
2 coral
1 purple
2 actinic
The tank is a 300 liter 1mX42X 55 (height) tank with live rock, fish and a few soft corals which we would like to increase and maybe add a few sps as well. What do you think? Will this be enough or too much and what lighting schedule would you suggest (how many hours and what kind of sequence for thw bulbs). Thanks for any input

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day

Sounds like a good plan. I’m thinking 8 is overkill. 6 should be enough using a good reflector. The bulb selection looks good. The bulbs and lighting period will depend on you coral choices.

OP
OP
E

Eleni18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day

Sounds like a good plan. I’m thinking 8 is overkill. 6 should be enough using a good reflector. The bulb selection looks good. The bulbs and lighting period will depend on you coral choices.
Thank you. Why do you think it may be an overkill? I thought 0.5 yo 1 watt per liter is good for a reef tank?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back