Help with making a Kalwasser Dosing system w/ 5 Gallon Bucket & Dosing Pump

waverider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to ask you guys for some tips/insight into making a Kalkwasser Dosing system out of a 5 Gallon Bucket with sealed Lid, Tubing and RO/DI fittings and a Kamoer Dosing Pump. My intention is to take stabilize top off and Alkalinity at the same time. I realize that a Dosing Pump is not an automatic ATO system. So I intend to run the dosing at a rate slightly less than my evaporation to avoid over filling. I monitor my tank every day anyhow. What Im really looking for is stability. -Im tired of 4 years of manually dosing two part.

Any advice or experience switching to Kalkwasser and rigging up a simple 5 gallon bucket with drilled top, RO/DI fittings and a dosing pump greatly appreciated.
DOSING-BUCKET.jpg

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drill two 3/16” holes in lid of bucket. Push a length of 3/16” rigid airline tubing through one hole extending to 1” off bottom of bucket. The other 3/16 hole is for the vent.

Connect flexible airline tubing to dip tube, may have to heat soft tubing then push over rigid. Connect tubing to appropriate connections on pump and run the discharge with flexible tubing above the bucket to prevent syphonage.

Use an ATO mechanism of choice. I have been using auto topoff.com and that’s all i have used. I relay and power supply to pull contacts of relay in.

I am sure there are other auto top offs people can recommend.

On another note, make sure if for some unknown reason your pump gets stuck on that their is room in the sump to hold 5 gallon without overflowing.

The FAQ section of the website may be useful

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back