Help with Metal Halides and T12s

  • Thread starter Thread starter Feet4Fish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Awesome news for me. I just called UV lighting company and they suggested I go through Champion to get the bulbs. If any problems said to contact them and they can get them for me directly! They are next door in Ohio!!!
 
Awesome news for me. I just called UV lighting company and they suggested I go through Champion to get the bulbs. If any problems said to contact them and they can get them for me directly! They are next door in Ohio!!!

The guys at Champion are super nice and very knowledgeable. I have ordered lots of stuff from them, great company.


Love how they answer the phone. :D

"Chaaaaaampion"
 
Champion has everything!!! Great assortment of T12 bulbs and the most comprehensive source of halide bulbs I have found so far!!
+1
The also carry TONS of replacement parts for stuff too, which is super useful!
 
Do there exist individual lamp reflectors for T12 as there are for T5? My understanding is that the individual bulb reflector used with T5 is a major component of its light output. If the same type of parabolic reflector can be found for t12 it would be amazing. it would probably be about 4" wide... but with a tank of your size you cold probably accommodate them.
 
What does a built in internal reflector look like>? I mean, so you are saying you could intall the bulb upside down ?
Yes, the reflector is literally on the bulb
20191031_161201.jpg
 
Your setup looks just like mine is going to be. Although i am going with just 3 400watt bulbs.

20191021_223227.jpg

Nice ! what ballast and bulb combo are going to go with? running the right ballast with the right bulb can make a really big difference.
 
I have 400 watt digital ballasts. Two galaxies and I can't remember the other one of the top of my head. Going with 400 watt radions or perhaps the geissman 400 watt bulbs. I also have 2 six foot XHO strips. I just ordered fittings to build a "canopy" out of unistrut to hold everything together so I can raise and lower it.... because I'm gangster like that :)
 
I have 400 watt digital ballasts. Two galaxies and I can't remember the other one of the top of my head. Going with 400 watt radions or perhaps the geissman 400 watt bulbs. I also have 2 six foot XHO strips. I just ordered fittings to build a "canopy" out of unistrut to hold everything together so I can raise and lower it.... because I'm gangster like that :)


Nice, 400w radiums work well on both probe start magnetic or digital ballasts, just dont want to run the 400w on pulse start mags as they will cause color shifts and reduce bulb life.

What combo of T5s you going with? all Aquablue + ? or are you going to do combo of a few different tubes?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new