Help with monti ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryanb79
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ryanb79

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
37
Reaction score
137
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As above, I'm trying to work out what type this is.
I've looked around and I think its a palawanensis but have been also suggested undata which doesn't quite look right. Hopefully someone can shed some light.
Taken under white
8e04ee229959c35a6ddeb15ff94ef712.jpg

Taken under blue and white
32def3393ffee4e7de34f7692b9b7595.jpg
 
I have what looks like the exact same specimen. It was sold to me as a Frost Mage Monti. I have no idea the proper species identification though...
 
Possibly montipora palawensis or verrucosa. I don't think its undata
Thanks for your help, the verrucosa does look similar too. Looks like only time will tell so I'll have to wait a little longer to see how it grows out. Time to put a disc or 2 around it for my back up frag just in case anything goes wrong.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new