Help with my Acropora

Yet another Update:

Still waiting for the ATI water test to come back... :rolleyes:

The only thing I did not continue to use with my current system is the Vertex ground pole.
It somehow got lost when moving the tanks, fish, coral, water...

Ground poles seem to be a heavily debated topic.
I don't know if they are any good but I decided to just measure if there is any Voltage leaking in the tank.

And it turns out the tank has 76V going through the water.
without ground pole.jpg
The ground pole reduces it to 0.03V.
with ground pole.jpg


Can you run a ground pole all the time? - because I feel like the ground pole is more like a band-aid than a solution.
I will need to find out what pump or piece of equipment causes the voltage.

Do 76V causes any harm to Acros or danger to myself?
I never noticed any electricity when working in the tank and have not been shocked so far.
 
How are you measuring voltage? 76v from tank to ground?

That's definitely unusual, I'd narrow down what device has failed. Turn off your devices, one at a time, until you figure it out.
 
Yes, I put the red "stick" in the sump (tank has the same value i tested that too) and the black "stick" on the ground. (EU sockets)

When is it unusual?
Anything above 0V? 10V? 20V?
From what you read a little bit is OK.
 

Attachments

did you ever figure this issue out? im going through the exact same thing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new