Help with my elegance coral

PowerLineman01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my elegance coral may have elegance coral syndrome if so any recommendations thanks.
Salinity 1.026
Ph 8.0
Alkalinity 8dkh
Calcium 420
Phosphates .04
Magnesium no test kit waiting for it to arrive.
8D695FA0-BDB0-4020-B63A-A86C3778922B.jpeg 67258D3C-751D-47B0-9A0A-9A62D985F09B.jpeg

Last edited:

Levi Nicolas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eu acho que meu coral de elegância pode ter síndrome de coral de elegância, se assim for, qualquer recomendação, obrigado.
Salinity 1.026
Ph 8.0
Alcalinidade 8dkh
Cálcio 420
Fosfatos .04
Magnésio sem kit de teste esperando por ele chegar.
8D695FA0-BDB0-4020-B63A-A86C3778922B.jpeg 67258D3C-751D-47B0-9A0A-9A62D985F09B.jpeg
Has your coral ever been swollen like a balloon and with the tentacles retracted? It appears that this is the main symptom of ECS. My elegance showed the other symptoms but it never got swollen, and I got flustered and looked for any treatment and found the dip in fresh water with iodine and I did that, I think I made a mistake because it lost the tentacles that were still inflated before and it lost the color and it's transparent, maybe it wasn't even ECS, just strong lighting... Now I have an stressed, transparent coral. I advise you if you have never swollen like a balloon, if it doesn't get better in two or three days, move it to a shaded area before doing any baths that might further stress you.

OP
OP
P

PowerLineman01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has your coral ever been swollen like a balloon and with the tentacles retracted? It appears that this is the main symptom of ECS. My elegance showed the other symptoms but it never got swollen, and I got flustered and looked for any treatment and found the dip in fresh water with iodine and I did that, I think I made a mistake because it lost the tentacles that were still inflated before and it lost the color and it's transparent, maybe it wasn't even ECS, just strong lighting... Now I have an stressed, transparent coral. I advise you if you have never swollen like a balloon, if it doesn't get better in two or three days, move it to a shaded area before doing any baths that might further stress you.
No it has definitely ballooned big time. The picture is not as bad as it had been. Some days are worse than others but it always looks like it’s inside out.

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately these corals have a bad track record in captivity. It's not that it can't be done, but IME I would pass on the next one and buy something else. GL.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back