Help with my overflow plumbing.

czternasto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there;
I recently moved and restarted the tank I had going for about six months.
I have my fish and coral living temporary in a 30 gallon while I get my 90 gallon up and running again.
However- my return line overflow plumbing is leaking and it’s not horrible but it isn’t great either. I was wondering if there is a way I can re do this without breaking the whole tank down… again.
I’m thinking of cutting the line so the drop goes directly into the sump and just letting it but I fear eventually it will get worse and would rather take care of it as soon possible.

I was thinking of turning off the return pump and vacuuming the water from the overflow back however I also don’t have the piece to unscrew the bottom portion of my bulkhead.

Any advice is helpful. It’s a standard aquaeon overflow plumbing kit into a reef ready tank and I just don’t want to have to take all this water again after doing this by myself and moving by myself and then setting it up again.

Asm481

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have to drain the tank. Shut off your return and pull out the durso in the overflow to just empty that area. Tighten up that bulkhead with what is called a basin wrench. Then plumb away.

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along, getting ready to upgrade from 100 g to 125 long. First time overflow is on the back, not inside like we’re used too!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back