Help with my Scoly

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aidan_823
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aidan_823

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2023
Messages
43
Reaction score
8
Location
Westfall
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I need help trying to find out what this is on my scoly. It was doing great before but all of a sudden it looks awful. There’s something growing on it and it looks like a worm by it’s mouth.

17FEF4B6-1F6A-4B35-840B-4FB4085DBFD9.jpeg
 
Is that sand on the coral or are they pests?
(This is answered by dipping or trying to remove the sand by blasting water at it)
 
How long have you had it? What par is it inder? What are your water parameters? Looks like a new tank. How old is the tank?
 
How long have you had it? What par is it inder? What are your water parameters? Looks like a new tank. How old is the tank?
About 3 months, 100-125 par, nitrates are about 15-20 calcium is 380 (I’m not dosing anything or have any sps) phosphates are 0.02 alk is 10 magnesium is 1275 the tank is about 7-8 months old. So yes a pretty new tank
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 61
Hi, I need help trying to find out what this is on my scoly. It was doing great before but all of a sudden it looks awful. There’s something growing on it and it looks like a worm by it’s mouth.

17FEF4B6-1F6A-4B35-840B-4FB4085DBFD9.jpeg
This was at night so the picture wasn’t that good. Sorry
 
So were you able to get sand off? If not I would 100% recommend dipping if the small particles did not come off
 
I think your parameters are a little out of whack, not bad but I would raise the calcium to more like 320 and magnesium to like 1350. I keep my alk more I'm the mid 8s and shoot for nitrates around 10.
 
I think your parameters are a little out of whack, not bad but I would raise the calcium to more like 320 and magnesium to like 1350. I keep my alk more I'm the mid 8s and shoot for nitrates around 10.
Your calcium stays at 320? Might want to raise that if you have any lps or sps. He should probably raise mag to maybe 1400 or so. Nevertheless I believe it to be more of a pest issue then a parameter issue
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new