Help with new coral placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter JCOLE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
4,218
Reaction score
10,592
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I just received a frag of Green Slimer, Strawberry Shortcake, and an unnamed green acro. Where would all of you mount these frags?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
3a3bb1a8344f7f4b68011ac197700047.jpg
bdcd96b9eabba4cc11a35432a779149a.jpg
 
For me I would try it in the middle where there is more of a random flow. Keep it random. I found that the corals like it better and are healthier for the longest amount of time
 
Since your rock structure only goes up half way, I would mount them on the top.

The corals you named love light and flow.
 
Since your rock structure only goes up half way, I would mount them on the top.

The corals you named love light and flow.
That was my plan. I have around 500+ at the tops so I need to be careful so I dont fry them.
 
Does anyone have pictures of their Green Slimer and SSC colonies?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new