help with new goby

reefnate21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New yellow watchman goby is a little smaller than normal and my carpenters flashers wrasse starting chasing him when I put him in the tank is this normal?

Fritz05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot speak to the behavior of the wrasse, but the goby should be able to escape underneath rocks, as that is where they usually reside. So if the tank has substrate and rocks to find a burrow in, the goby should be fine, if it does not, the tank is not suitable for a watchman goby.

OP
OP
R

reefnate21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot speak to the behavior of the wrasse, but the goby should be able to escape underneath rocks, as that is where they usually reside. So if the tank has substrate and rocks to find a burrow in, the goby should be fine, if it does not, the tank is not suitable for a watchman goby.
Oh no trust me there is a ton of little caves and things in the sand and rocks and there is pre made burrows from my previous sand sifting goby the goby however isn’t going to the sand bed and is being in the water column so I think my flasher is trying to display dominance

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no trust me there is a ton of little caves and things in the sand and rocks and there is pre made burrows from my previous sand sifting goby the goby however isn’t going to the sand bed and is being in the water column so I think my flasher is trying to display dominance
My YWG rarely spent any time in the sand and/or burrows until I introduced a Tiger Pistol Shrimp. He was always swimming around with a "worried" look on his face. He now spends all day doing normal goby stuff.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 75 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 75 29.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 54 21.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 48 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%

Back