Help with new Tunze 9001 skimmer.

aquatic_dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help! I just installed the Tunze 9001 and not sure if it’s supposed to do this. I have never had a skimmer before.
1- is the foam level good?
2- is the foaming in the back normal?
3- why is there tiny bubbles in my display tank (see last few seconds in video)?

Last edited:

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, was able to view the vid. It looks like you need to raise it up a little. Did you take note of the little wavy line on the skimmer? That is the recommended immersion depth. In which of the configurations do you have the pump installed?

OP
OP
A

aquatic_dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, was able to view the vid. It looks like you need to raise it up a little. Did you take note of the little wavy line on the skimmer? That is the recommended immersion depth. In which of the configurations do you have the pump installed?
Yes I have the water level at or slightly below the wavy line. The pump is in the stock config

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can take a few days to break in. Filter floss and socks, along with certain additives can make them over foam. The escaping bubbles will subside. Do they still come with the bubble trap? Using that during the break in helps. Post this in the Tunze forum. If by Monday you don't see any improvements Roger will get you all fixed up.

OP
OP
A

aquatic_dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can take a few days to break in. Filter floss and socks, along with certain additives can make them over foam. The escaping bubbles will subside. Do they still come with the bubble trap? Using that during the break in helps. Post this in the Tunze forum. If by Monday you don't see any improvements Roger will get you all fixed up.
Thank you very much. Yes the bubble trap coarse foam is already installed. Will wait and see

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raise it up a little and possibly flip the direction of the skimmer. Depending on how the water is moving past the skimmer it could be sucking the bubbles out. Also open your air valve to 100 percent. BTW how did you remount the magnet to that side?

OP
OP
A

aquatic_dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raise it up a little and possibly flip the direction of the skimmer. Depending on how the water is moving past the skimmer it could be sucking the bubbles out. Also open your air valve to 100 percent. BTW how did you remount the magnet to that side?
My return pump is underneath the skimmer, since this is the only place I could fit in the AIO sump.

I removed the magnet and siliconed it to the side so it fits in this middle chamber.

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My return pump is underneath the skimmer, since this is the only place I could fit in the AIO sump.

I removed the magnet and siliconed it to the side so it fits in this middle chamber.
if that dosnt hold well acetone works perfectly for binding the two together and takes about an hour to dry. And that also may be your issue if a pump is sitting that close to it.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back