Help with nopox dose!

Discussion in 'Middle Tennessee Reef Club' started by Chiefmaster30, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Chiefmaster30

Chiefmaster30 Valuable Member

I have been dosing nopox for a couple months. I was dosing 12ml daily for a 150 gallon total water volume system. 3 weeks ago tested nitrates with Salifert and got 0 so I cut dose down to 6ml for a week tested still 0 nitrates. For the past week I have dosed 3ml daily and tested again last night with Salifert and Red Sea test kits and got 0. My question is should I stop dosing all together for now or what to cut back to dosing? I have no algae in tank besides maybe a little of some type of bacterial algae underneath my frag racks. I also have a fuge and chaeto and dragons breath macros are growing like crazy.

Tags:

2. FLAdaboy

FLAdaboy Well-Known Member R2R Supporter MTRCMember Reef Tank 365

If you were to stop dosing, you maybactually give a rebound affect. Continue to provide the carbon source you have been. If no ill affects then you shouldn't stop. Especially if you've been getting good results. I use straight vinegar and add 40 ml per gallon of top off water.

3. Chiefmaster30

What’s the dose per gallon for vinagar

4. FLAdaboy

FLAdaboy Well-Known Member R2R Supporter MTRCMember Reef Tank 365

I put it in my top off. If you manually dose, I wouldn't do more than 1ml per 10g.

5. Chiefmaster30

Ok thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted